Thursday, December 3, 2009

Wow...what a crazy few days!

I decided to take Joshua to the doctor on Tuesday because he had a fever over the weekend and had developed a cough. I wanted to make sure he didn't have pnemonia or the flu. Well, it turns out that he was severly dehydrated. The doctor said he would "go down the tube fast" if he wasn't hospitalized. So, I had to leave the doctor's office and take him to Sacred Heart Children's Hospital right away.

The gave us a room, took his vitals, and weighed him. He was only 29 lbs, when he is normally around 33. They finally took us to a treatment room and started his IV and took blood. This was the worst thing I have ever put any of my children through. They had to try 3 times to get a vein that didn't explode. To top it off, they squirted water up his nose and sucked it out with a machine to test for flu and other viruses.

Everything came back negative other than him being positive for RSV, and infection in his lungs. So, we were quaranteened for 2 days in his tiny hospital room while they pumped him full of fluids.

I am so proud of my brave little boy! He was so good and took everything so much better than I ever expected! He is so strong and such a trooper!

Santa, Mrs Claus, and Frosty paid him a visit in his room last night. They gave him a big stuffed dog which he named Fluffy. He would never give they any eye contact, but he sure loves that dog!

Before they discharged him today, they gave him a flu shot and the H1N1 shot. That was horrible too, having to hold him down for that was awful! He got over it fast and was ready to bee line it for our house!

Yesterday afternoon we let grandma come sit with him for a while because I had an appointment for an ultrasound at the hospital and didn't want to cancel and have to wait for another appointment. So, I'll keep you in the dark for this post, but I know what IT is now...... :)

1 comment:

Followers