Tuesday, December 8, 2009

19 Weeks

I'm almost to the half way mark! Not much to report about this week though. I am just mostly thankful for my children this week! I am so glad to have my little Joshy home and not hooked up to machines in that hospital bed! I am happy to report that he is back to his normal, sweet, crazy self! I felt so bad for having to leave Nathan while we were in the hospital with Joshua. It was only the second time he had spent the night away from us. The first being when Joshua was born. He seemed to do fine though and now he's excited that he will be having another slumber party with Grandma when our baby girl is born.

So back to our new baby GIRL! I still cannot believe it! We are having a daughter!!! I really never thought this would happen. I thought I just wasn't meant to have a girl. I was made to be a mommy to boys. God has a plan and he has a reason for holding out on this precious girl for so long.

I received my very first baby gift from my friend Crystal. I will have to add a picture of it. It is a very cute outfit, white shirt with a pink crown appliqued and pink polka dot sleeves with pink and white striped pants and a satin pink headband with a diamond crown. I just couldn't believe I was getting such tiny clothes, such tiny pink clothes! So, over the weekend, I went out on a venture to buy my first pink item for her. I hit up a consignment sale early and left empty-handed because I just didn't see anything I liked. I ended up buying her first outfit at Target. It is a white dress with flowers and a bumble bee and rainbow striped bell bottoms. I can't believe I will have a tiny baby girl to put this on in a few months!

She still has no name....After I found out I was pregnant, we talked about having the baby's name be Elizabeth Grace if it were a girl. Now that it is, I am having second thoughts. When I was pregnant with Nathan, I was sure he was going to be a girl and I was going to name him Annabelle. So that name is slowly creeping up in the back of my mind. I just can't decide on something so hugely important. I tried weighing the pros and cons of each. Here are the names I found that our daughter could be teased with:

Annabelle: people say that's a cows name and call them annasmells, taco bell, or anna big belly...what if our baby is chubby and smells?

Elizabeth: Lizard, lizzy the lezzy, lizardbreath, E-lesbian, ditsy lizzy.... the list goes on.

How do you decide what's best?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers