Tuesday, November 24, 2009

17 weeks....I'll hold you in heaven...

Well, today marks a bitter sweet 17 weeks of pregnancy for me. Today, I am reminded of the loss of one child, as well as the blessing of another.

17 weeks is when I lost my precious baby boy, 4 years ago. I never got to hold him. I never named him. I have nothing to remember him by. I have nothing left of him beyond the picture in my head of his tiny, lifeless, perfect body. I'll meet him one day. I'll find the perfect name for him one day. I'll hold him one day.

Sunny days seem to hurt the most
I wear the pain like a heavy coat
I feel you everywhere I go
I see your smile, I see your face
I hear you laughing in the rain
I still can't believe you're gone

It ain't fair you died too young
Like a story that had just begun
Then death tore the pages all away
God knows how I miss you
All the hell that I've been through
Just knowing no one could take your place
Sometimes I wonder who you'd be today

Would you see the world?
Would you chase your dreams?
Settle down with a family?
I wonder, what would you name your babies?
Some days the sky's so blue
I feel like I can talk to you
And I know it might sound crazy

Sunny days seem to hurt the most
I wear the pain like a heavy coat
The only thing that gives me hope
Is I know I'll see you again someday
Someday, Someday, Someday.......

For now, I am thankful for the precious miracle child that God has placed inside me. I will love and cherish this baby each day I am given with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers