Wednesday, November 18, 2009

16 Weeks...We Have A Trouble Maker On Our Hands!

Well, I had my monthly checkup yesterday, prepared to give my doctor this long speech about why I needed an ultrasound for this consignment sale coming up and that this is the week I found out last time I was pregnant...etc.... She asked if they were able to see anything at my 12 week ultrasound and I told her that the girl refused to even show me. And, before I could pour out my soul to her about how I had to have an ultrasound, she says, "Well come on back, I'll take a look!" I was so thankful! However, my child is a stinker. It kept it's legs crossed the entire time! We couldn't see anything from the top view, and from under the butt, the umbilical cord was right between the legs. She said, "Well, that's too big to be a penis and it's pulsating." She told me, "All I can say is I don't see a penis but I just can't tell."

So, I left with no answers, but did get to see my little turkey alive and moving and disobeying for the first time! The baby's heart rate was 162, which it was 160 & 161 the last two times it was measured. The wonderful part was that the nurse was actually able to find it with the doppler this time! I was sure something had gone wrong because I didn't feel movement for the past few days and my stomach seems to have slightly shrunk. But, "Baby HeShe" as Nathan named it last night, was doing well!

I have scheduled an ultrasound in 2 more weeks with the students at Sacred Heart (just for fun- for them to practice on me), but am hoping we'll get a better look at the privates this time! I am going to go crazy waiting 2 more weeks, but it's better than the 4 weeks I was going to have to wait! They would have seen me at 17 weeks (that's the earliest they accept patients) but they are booked for the next 2 weeks- just my luck!

On other notes, we took the boys to the mass chaios at the Blue Angels Homecoming Air Show. It was loud and cram packed with people and over priced nasty food with flies in it. Yes, I was starving and my husband comes back with nachos for me (cheese practically frozen), but I was so hungry that I ate it anyway. Towards the end, I look down and there are 3 flies in my cheese. I wanted to puke! It was interesting though! Now my husband has been inspired to join the Air Force. Too bad their age cut off was this year for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers