Monday, September 28, 2009

A few changes...

Well, before I post my 9 week update tomorrow, I thought I'd chronicle my journey through the last few days. I don't think I mentioned in my last post about my visit to the ER last week. It was on Friday morning in my 7th week, as soon as I woke up I knew something wasn't right. My stomach was hurting so bad and I thought I just had a virus or food poisoning but after about an hour, I was finally able to coach my 2 year old Joshua on where to find the phone and bring it to me. I called Jeremy at work from the hallway floor. I was crying so hard I don't think he even knew half of what I was saying but he knew I was in pain! So, he rushes home and has to pick me up out of the floor and dress me. I have never been in so much pain in my life- even labor with Nathan when I was screaming "let me die!" didn't hurt this bad. It was low down in my stomach on the left. My OB said to go to the ER immediately because it could be an ectopic pregnancy.

Jeremy dropped me off at the door and I walk in hunched over and all I could get out of my mouth was, "I'm pregnant and I'm dying." They rushed me back and wheeled me through the hallway on a bed- wouldn't even let me walk. They started an IV, then started sucking my blood out left and right. Then, they proceed to put a catheter in me which I thought was going to be the death of me! In the midst of this, they push Jeremy out of the room and tell him that they need to make sure they aren't dealing with life or death. He was crying and I was screaming in pain! Finally, I was able to get some morphine which slowly started to work!

They sent in a lady to do an ultrasound. She filled my bladder through the catheter which is HORRIBLE in case you've never had that done! She wouldn't let me see the screen or tell me if there was a baby in there or if it was alive or dead. I remember calling her a robot and telling Jeremy that the robot was trying to kill me. I also remember crying out loud and saying, "I don't have a mama..." Not sure if I've ever been given morphine before but I wanted some to take home! haha!

In the end, they had no explanation for the excruciating pain I had. They told me a possible twisted ovary or ruptured cyst. Whatever it was, I don't want ever again!!

So, I called my work when I got home Friday afternoon about 2:00. I talked to the new front desk lady who clearly has a problem with me for no reason. I tell her what happened and that I didn't think I should come in the next day because I'm usually alone on Saturdays at work and didn't want to get stuck there in the floor of the office if it happened again. She told me "No problem, I'll take care of it. You just get better." So, apparently, she just told everyone I was sick...I'm sure they thought I called out because of morning sickness or something stupid.

Well, I go to work last week on Thursday. I give my boss some earrings she had ordered from me. Everyone seems normal. I see the broker in the elevator and we have friendly small talk. They send me to lunch, then send the new girl when I get back. I went to the bathroom while she was gone and had some spotting/ really light bleeding. I messaged my boss upstairs and told her that I had a little bleeding and thought I should probably go home and call the DR. She writes back, "I'll be right down."

When she comes down, there was never any question about whether I was hurting or if I was ok...NOTHING! She says to me that they had "budget talks." I said "Ok, I know, there is no reason to have 2 people working on one day." She tells me that they would try to call me back in December or something...

Please keep in mind I had been promised time and time again a raise in October. They pay the other 2 ladies $5 an hour more than me. I liked the people I worked with and my job, so I hung in there and thought my patience would pay off.

I get a call today from an agent who talked to the broker last Friday. He told her that they let me go because I wasn't happy and I didn't like it there. Plus, there was alot of things I couldn't do now like moving tables and chairs. This agent said to him, "You know she's pregnant right?" He responds, "Oh yes, but she can't do those things that we need her to." And, she proceeds to tell him, " You know she has lost 2 babies, right?" Of course he didn't know and I hope he felt like a (excuse this) ASS! He also said that I started not showing up and calling in sick. Out of a year that I worked there, the day after my ER visit was the only day I called in sick. I also took a day off for my son's birthday. So, I don't know where that is coming from. I just hope he sleeps well at night with the decisions he made. I also love how loosely he translates the company motto of "God first, then family, then business." However, I'm sure what goes on in the "small people's" lives is no concern for him....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers