Tuesday, September 22, 2009

8 Weeks!

Today was my first real OB apointment. They didn't do much other than the pee test, weight check, and blood pressure. The doctor took me back to look with the ultrasound machine, but my bladder was empty and my uterus was tilted so she couldn't see anything. She did manage to get the lady at the hospital to squeeze me in at the end of the day. I had to chug alot of water to fill my bladder and waiting about an hour. She still couldn't see much with the abdominal ultrasound, but was able to get an overall view of things. Then we resorted to the old fun vaginal ultrasound.

She did 2 different measurements to confirm my due date. By my last period and 100% certain day that we conceived, I would have been 8 weeks along today. One of her measurements came out with me being 6 weeks and 4 days and the other (crown to rump measurement) was 7 weeks. As you can imagine, I wasn't happy with either number- especially when I know for sure what my dates were. Plus, the 6 week measurement would mean that I would have gotten a positive pregnancy test when I was 2 weeks pregnant which anyone who has been pregnant knows that your first 2 weeks of pregnancy, you really aren't pregnant at all, it accounts for your period and ovulation. Which makes her 6 weeks 4 days measurement completely impossible.

Needless to say, this is discouraging for me, but non the less, there is a baby in there with a strong heart beat (which was a whoppin 161!)
So pray that my baby is fine and normal and really 8 weeks along and will continue to grow and is just a little runt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers