Tuesday, March 9, 2010

30 Weeks, We Have A Name, and I Finished her bedding!

Today marks 30 weeks and 4 days (according to my doctor's calculations). I had an appointment yesterday, a day early because I've been having bad cramping in my lower back and lower stomach. I sat on the fetal monitor for an hour, until my butt and the rest of my body was so numb I couldn't move! I didn't have any contractions, but did get to hear our baby girl having hiccups in the process- a quite hilarious experience to listen to! My doctor said to call back if the pain doesn't go away in a few days because it could be kidney stones. I was in bad pain last night, but hopefully it will go away soon!
I should be attempting the amniocentesis in about 5 weeks from Friday. I hope I am making the right decision by doing this and letting them take her early. I hope this is the right decision for her health and not just because I am selfish and want her here sooner, I just want her here alive!

Speaking of HER, she has a name now, officially! Annabelle Grace! I had to just suck it up and name her so I could get her wall letters and other accessories ordered and made! I'll probably always call her Belle.

Feeling the pressure of her fast approaching arrival, I finished up the last side of her crib bumper, whipped up a crib sheet (which I am pretty proud of myself for accomplishing!), and finally got her crib skirt delivered! I was afraid of the skill and amount of fabric it would take to make a crib skirt, so I settled for a store-made one instead. I'm not 100% fond of it, but it works.

So, here are some photos of my work! I still have some black swirly trees with birds to put somewhere on the walls, along with her letters- if I ever get them and finish them in a timely manner, and a few canvas pictures I plan to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers