Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bleeding and a fun day at the hospital!

I woke up yesterday morning, went to pee, (as my husband was walking out the door to go to work), and noticed blood in the toilet. I made him come look (no, he was not happy about my request and was hesitant to look at the gift I might have been making him check out in the toilet). I told him that I shouldn't be bleeding at all and we should probably go to the hospital.

My mother-in-law took my boys to preschool with her. This was heart wrenching for me to let my baby Joshua go, as he had never been before and I thought he would be afraid to go. Thankfully, they let him stay with her in her classroom and he loved it!

We checked in and they admitted me to labor & delivery, got me into a gown and on the baby monitor. My doctor finally came to make her rounds and wanted to check things out in the nether regions. She put in the metal speculum and said she couldn't see any blood. She took it out and went to check my cervix to see if I was dilated. As she pulled out her hand, she says you aren't dilated and you aren't bleeding any more. She looks down and says, "Well, you are now..." She pulled up her hand, covered in blood and we both exchange a look of terror. There was blood all over the bed too. She thinks she ripped something with the speculum. She got the bleeding to stop and I stayed on the monitor all day, having quite a few contractions too.

I asked for some breakfast and our wonderful hospital staff sends me a plate of 2 pieces of bacon and a piece of sausage. Perfect heart attack on a platter! I don't eat meat, so needless to say, I starved.

We finally got to leave at 3:00 yesterday afternoon and I haven't had any problems since. This was a big wake up call for me though, getting caught off guard with no clothes or bottles clean, and nothing ready for myself or Annabelle for when the big day does really come. I need to get on that.....

2 comments:

  1. How scary! I am so glad you and Annabelle are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Followers