Monday, October 19, 2009

12 Weeks- WOO HOO!

Today marks 12 weeks of pregnancy for me. It seems just like yesterday that I took a pregnancy test. I hope this is a sign of the next 28 weeks to come and go so fast! Nothing eventful has happened this week. I still feel normal and not as nauscious as the past 2 weeks, so that is a wonderful thing!

We took the boys to a corn maze last weekend and it was so HOT that it made it pretty misrible, but they loved it anyway. I didn't really think we would ever find the exit but we finally did- it felt like a victory!On another note, my baby sister is pregnant also with her second child. She is 7 weeks along so she is about 5 weeks behind me. I hate that we live so far apart from each other! She is also hoping for a girl this time and is mad about the name I have chosen if I have a girl...Elizabeth Grace (aka Lizzy Grace :), because she wants to name her baby (if it happens to be a girl), Grace Kelly and she thinks they are too similar. So, here was my solution to the problem....Get over it cause my baby's gonna be born first! Hahaha... The joys of being a big sister! The names have significance because our mother, who passed away 4 and a half years ago was named Kelly Elizabeth and our grandmother who passed away about 9 years ago was named Grace. I chose Elizabeth Grace because I loved how sweet it sounds and it just seemed fitting for me to remember my mother and grandmother. Elizabeth means "consecrated to god," or "God's promise," and as for Grace, in high school, my English teacher gave us "Grace Days." She said these were something you were given that you didn't deserve.
Going to my regular OB today for my monthy checkup. Hopefully I'll be able to hear my little turkey's heart beat for the first time today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers