Wednesday, October 21, 2009

12 week checkup!

Here is a quick ultrasound I got on my doctor's dinosaur machine...

I went in for my regular checkup and the nurse tried to listen to the heartbeat with the doppler. She couldn't hear it and said those famous last words, "I'm sure the doctor can come in and hear it right away." I told her that I've heard that before and I miscarried last time they told me that. The doctor came in with the doppler and tried....and tried...she couldn't hear it either. So, I was sure I had miscarried again.
She took me back to do a quick ultrasound to see if she could see a heartbeat. When she put the probe on me, there was a little human in there and I didn't see it moving, then all of a sudden it jumped and started flapping its arms. She says to me, "Well, they don't move without a heartbeat!" I started crying like a crazy fool. All I have seen up until now has been a blob of nothingness with a heartbeat.... This was a REAL BABY this time! With an alien face, flapping arms, and its legs crossed, just relaxing after a round of what looked like jumping jacks! I was so relieved and so thankful to our Gracious God for this baby inside me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers