Tuesday, February 9, 2010

28 Weeks- Starting to get nervous!

I should be 28 weeks today, however, my doctor is going by an ultrasound that was not correctly dating my pregnancy and it really ticks me off! They have me 10 days behind where I should be based on my last period. Amazing, she measures right on track where she should be based on my last period too, though that's a whole other story of it's own!

I am starting to get crazy and nervous about blood clotting. I google things and read horrible stories about pregnancies ending around this time because of clots forming in the umbilical cord or placenta and it is found too late to save the baby. I feel like I should be watched like a hawk. I don't want to have made it this far with our precious baby girl to lose her in the end over something so simple as a blood clot.

Please God, let our baby be born alive and healthy! I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon with my regular OB and plan to find a way to pour out my concerns onto her. Hopefully she will take me seriously and start monitoring me and baby Belle more closely.

I don't see my high risk perinatologist for another 2 weeks. It has been 8 weeks already since the last time I saw him. I want to be knocking at the door each week asking them to check on my little angel!

During my last pregnancy, at 30 weeks, I started seeing my OB every 2 weeks and having an ultrasound to monitor baby movements and practice breathing movements, then off to the OB office to have a non-stress test for fetal movement. I wonder if they will do that with this pregnancy. It was such a pain, but such a relief to know they were monitoring my little Joshy so closely.

Also, with my last pregnancy, they sent me in for an amniocentesis at 36 weeks. There was no safe place to insert the needle because Joshua was too big and the placenta was everywhere. So, they didn't have proof of lung maturity and I had to wait for 39 weeks to have a c-section. They were going to take him early if his lungs were mature because in their words, it was "better for him to be out than in if he could breathe on his own." I wonder if they will recommend that again for this pregnancy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers